At Thăng Long Imperial Citadel, besides architectural vestiges, many architectural relics are elaborately decorated with royal and theocratic projects such as dragons and phoenixes, reflecting the technological level and specific nuances of Vietnamese palace architecture in the Lê sơ Dynasty. However, the morphology of palatial architecture of the royal palace in the Lê sơ Dynasty did not have enough scientific basis for identifying such as the Ly and Tran period.
To continue to exchange and study more deeply about the morphology of Vietnam palatial architecture in Thang Long Royal Palace, the Institute of Imperial Citadel Studies (IICS) organizes an international scientific Conference in 2021 on Identifying the architectural morphology of the Lê sơ dynasty. Through this Scientific Conference, the Institute hopes to have an opportunity to exchange with Vietnam and international scholars, especially experts in ancient Chinese architecture, in determining the characteristics, morphology, constructing and roofing techniques of the royal architecture in the Lê sơ Dynasty.
1. General information about the Conference
Time: The Conference will be held on October 15, 2021.
Location: Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences; and Online via Zoom
Language: Vietnamese, English, Chinese
The Conference focuses on clarifying the following contents:
- Results of excavation, archeological and historical research on the palatial architecture of the Lê sơ Dynasty at the Imperial Citadel of Thăng Long and Lam Kinh palace (Thanh Hóa province);
- The morphology of palatial architecture of the Lê sơ Dynasty at the Imperial Palace of Thăng Long in the light of archeological discoveries;
- Identifying the palatial architecture of the Lê sơ dynasty through the architectural and archaeological relics of the Lê sơ period in Vietnam;
- Comparative Research on the royal architecture of Vietnam in the Lê sơ dynasty with the palatial architectures in China, Japan, and Korea in the 15th-16th centuries;
The Organizing Committee would like to invite you to contribute a paper (about 10-15 pages, font Times New Roman, Unicode encoding, font size 13) before October 01, 2021
. Should you consider contributing your paper to our Conference, kindly submit your abstract to Alexgiangvn@gmail.com no later than August 15,2021
For further information, please contact the Information and International Cooperation Department, Institute of Imperial Citadel Studies (IICS), Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences: Do Truong Giang (Alex), email: Alexgiangvn@gmail.com, Phone/WhatsApp/Wechat: (+84) 902160048.
We look forward to welcoming you to the conference.
Institute of Imperial Citadel Studies
Assoc.Prof, Dr. BUI MINH TRI